Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and enthusiastic candidate for a SolidWorks Draftsman/Programmer position. Ideal candidates will be able to modify and design mechanical assemblies and sheet metal parts using SolidWorks as well as programming CNC Lasers and Turrets using nesting software. Position requires solid computer skills and the ability to navigate Microsoft Office Products such as Excel and Word efficiently. The ability to read blueprints/shop drawings is critical to this individual’s success.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Revise and generate CAD drawings for sheet metal parts and assemblies in SolidWorks in a timely manner.
- Utilize our Nesting Software to create and modify programs for Laser Cutting and Turret Punching based on CAD files
- Read and detect inaccuracies in Customer supplied drawings.
- Review and be able to suggest improvements to Customer supplied drawings for improved manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Verifies part dimensions, materials to be used, the relation of one part to another, and the relation of various parts to the overall assembly.
- Computes angles, circumferences, volumes. Determines clearances for assembly of various components.
- Utilizes knowledge of various manufacturing processes, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to produce designs and drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of parts and assemblies.
- Follows established company standards for electronic file maintenance and organization.
- Communicates with Sales, Production, Purchasing, and General Manager as necessary to meet company objectives and standards of quality.
- Work well with associates, vendors, and customers, with little or no supervision. Must be a team player with excellent communication and people skills.
- Be dependable, follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments, commit to long hours of work when needed to reach goals and complete tasks on time, or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan of action.
Required Skills / Experience
The candidate must demonstrate and/or be familiar with the following:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Technical capacity
- Communications proficiency, written and verbal
- Problem solving/analysis
- Collaboration skills
- Proficiency using Windows-based software, including MS Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Principles of 3D CAD design
- Ability to read and interpret detailed drawings and specifications.
- Be familiar with material utilization concepts
- Dealing with Complexity
- Detail oriented
- Informing Others
- Sheet metal and/ or Structural steel fabrication experience
- Hardware Specifications
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality, Product Development
- Technical Presentation Experience and Skill
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- College level or technical school coursework in computer-aided design and drafting, mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Fabrication and sheet metal work is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gages and other gages as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with the requirement to go into the plant from time to time. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Email your resume to:
Employment Eligibility Verification
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.