Metalworking Solutions, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and enthusiastic candidate for a Quality Technician role. This position is responsible for inspection and quality control of manufactured/fabricated components. The ideal candidate would have experience in a fabrication environment. Knowledge of press brakes, lasers and welding a plus. Initial training will be during first shift with the first shift Quality Manager for a minimum of two (2) weeks. Position requires solid computer skills and the ability to navigate Microsoft Office Products such as Excel and Word efficiently. The ability to read blueprints / shop drawings is critical to this individual’s success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality inspections on the shop floor, interpreting engineering drawings
- Execute in-process and final audit inspections prior to shipment.
- Record and complete QC documentation requirements
- Review documentation received for compliance with procedures and specifications
- Ability to train others on inspection processes and equipment when required
- Maintain ISO 9000: 2008 required document records of work performed
- May be asked to operate machine in downtime
- Inspect parts for quality standards and specialty items such as purchased parts for production at the receiving stage
- Knowledge of ISO 9001: 2015 documentation a plus
- Thorough knowledge of fabrication processes, shop standards, and materials
- Ability to read and interpret drawings to understand customer specifications
- Ability to read weld symbols
- Ability to use and read Tape Measure, micrometers, calipers, thread gages, pin gages, height gage, and other mechanical measuring equipment
Education, Training & Certification
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to take on educational training courses to further professional knowledge in the quality field and or business to benefit the structure of the company, or as directed by the Quality Manager or Upper Management Staff
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gages and other gages as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Limited office environment with the requirement to be on the plant floor the majority of the time. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Applicants are to apply at the bottom of this post or
Email your resume to:
Employment Eligibility Verification
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply online click here.