METALWORKING SOLUTIONS, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and enthusiastic candidate for a Raw Materials and Warehouse Coordinator for the Raw Materials Warehouse. This position is responsible for managing raw material/sheet metal to satisfy manufacturing demands. This includes incoming inspection, inventory management, product identification, warehouse organization and management, material staging, and pulling/issuing of material to point of use locations.
The ideal candidate would have experience in a make to order/customer design fabrication environment.
This position requires very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time, and time again. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. There is little ambiguity in this job. It is very clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. This clarity will come either from the company’s management or from established professional disciplines and processes. The established procedures and processes must be followed very closely; there is little room or necessity to modify them. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace. There is much consistency and familiarity from one day to the next. It is generally feasible to plan large blocks of work ahead of time. When work duties do change, there is ample foresight and time to prepare. The work is best-accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or “politics” for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
- Steady, even pace of activity. A large degree of predictability from one day to the next. Job activities are consistent, or even repetitious in nature, and results are repeatable. Well-defined processes and procedures exist to perform activities.
- People-focused, while being reserved in nature Helpful, “service” orientation. Strong focus on repeatable, very high-quality results.
- Cautious, by the book, decision-making is required. Examination of the facts, established procedure, or proven process must preclude decision-making (detailed knowledge of or training in those areas significantly aids decision-making).
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature. Need to speak with great specificity and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility; not required to speak at length about other topics. Little collaboration is necessary to complete work; expertise comes from training, knowledge, and experience.
- Authority and responsibility is shared with others, such as in a team environment where people have worked together for long periods of time. Little delegation of details is required. When it does happen, this position requires strong follow-up to ensure that work quality and attention to detail remain very high. Leadership style required involves being an expert in the field and using that knowledge to be a resource for others’ learning and development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements inventory control procedures and sequence of operations within the department to optimize workflow.
- Oversees vendor consignment inventory and all sheet metal materials.
- Oversees customer consignment inventory.
- Communicates inventory levels and issues to Purchasing.
- Tracks and provides updates on WIP of customer consignment inventory as well as arrange loads based on open job demands.
- Delivers raw materials to point of use locations throughout cutting operations as required.
- Stage material for upcoming jobs in job racks.
- Unload and put-a-way incoming stock and update inventory system on material deliveries.
- Manage and track heat treat numbers with full traceability.
- Receive incoming finished goods from outside processing.
- Reviews weekly inventory trends and discusses variations with appropriate colleagues.
- Communicate and escalate issues or imbalances to management.
- Works with Master Scheduling each week to improve OTD and quality performance of suppliers.
- Conducts physical inventory count as required.
- Supports meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, and resource implications.
- Working and displaying Integrity, Teamwork, Reliability, Customer Focus, and Can-Do Attitude through your individual actions and accountability.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required and participate as & when necessary in Companywide initiatives & projects.
- Undertake additional training to develop skills as the company requires.
- Perform work in accordance with organizational policies and practices.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State, and Federal Regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conducts duties with the highest level of ethics and trustworthiness.
- Moderate level of computer literacy, with specific proficiency in the use of screen entry and barcode data collection equipment.
- Problem solver with good analytical skills.
- Organizing and planning skills.
- Practical working knowledge of ERP software and MRP technology concepts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Previous inventory management experience a plus.
Plant environment with the requirement to be on the plant floor for the majority of the workday. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Applicants are to apply at the bottom of this post or
Email your resume to:
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.