METALWORKING SOLUTIONS, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and enthusiastic candidate for a Material Handler for the Raw Material Warehouse. This position is responsible for managing raw material/sheet metal to satisfy manufacturing demands. This includes incoming inspection, inventory management, product identification, warehouse organization and management, material staging, and pulling/issuing of material to point of use locations.
The ideal candidate would have experience in a make to order/customer design fabrication environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements inventory control procedures and sequence of operations within the department to optimize workflow.
- Oversees consignment inventory and all sheet metal materials.
- Communicates inventory levels and issues to Purchasing.
- Reviews weekly inventory trends and discusses variations with appropriate colleagues.
- Communicate and escalate issues or imbalances to management.
- Works with Master Scheduling each week to improve OTD and quality performance of suppliers.
- Conducts monthly physical inventory count.
- Supports meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, and resource implications.
- Working and displaying Integrity, Teamwork, Reliability, Customer Focus and Can-Do Attitude through your individual actions and accountability.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required and participate as & when necessary in Companywide initiatives & projects.
- Undertake additional training to develop skills as the company requires.
- Perform work in accordance with organizational policies and practices
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal Regulations
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conducts duties with the highest level of ethics and trustworthiness.
- Moderate level of computer literacy, with specific proficiency in the use of screen entry and barcode data collection equipment.
- Problem solver with good analytical skills.
- Organizing and planning skills.
- Practical working knowledge of ERP software and MRP technology concepts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Previous inventory management experience a plus.
Plant environment with the requirement to be on the plant floor for the majority of the workday. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Applicants are to apply at the bottom of this post or
Email your resume to:
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.