Reporting to the President, the Inside Sales/Customer Service Manager will skillfully coordinate and expedite the flow of quotes, orders, work orders, and documents within the Sales Department. Your role will also involve providing leadership to Customer Service personnel through effective, objective goal setting, delegation, and communication. This will require strong people skills, sales coordination, and administrative support to the Customer Service Representatives. The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify and complete a wide range of tasks with minimum instruction and oversight while recognizing and responding to opportunities with customers and manufacturing.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC, a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN, has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and assist Customer Service professionals to ensure Inside Sales functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
- Provide leadership to Customer Service professionals through effective, objective goal setting, delegation, and communication. Monitor results and implement corrective actions if needed.
- Lead in the performance evaluation process of direct reports.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Attend industry trade shows as requested.
- Respond to customer phone inquiries and ensure that customer comments, problems, complaints, and requests are resolved and/or forwarded to an appropriate individual(s) in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Coordinate sales and order activities with Business Development, Quality Control, Transportation, Accounting and Purchasing to ensure customer satisfaction on all levels.
- Ensure that the team generates new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Assist in accurately determining pricing by interpreting customer prints and utilizing quoting tools (i.e. Excel spreadsheets and shop software).
- Assist in gathering pricing for outsourced material, metal finishing requirements, etc., providing accurate pricing to the customer.
- Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assist in effectively communicating customer/job requirements to the engineering and production team.
- Obtain accurate information from the operations team relating to lead times and expected shipment dates.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and proactively communicate any anticipated delays from the original date to the customer.
- Exhibit professionalism with a clean, neat appearance.
- Collaborate with senior management and provide accurate objective feedback.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years inside sales and customer service experience.
- Experience in the metal fabrication industry preferred.
- Strong people-oriented management experience, leading a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Well organized, knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Advanced PC skills, including experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and popular Web Browsers such as Chrome or MS Edge.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly learn industry-related systems such as M1 ERP.
- Must be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, cool under fire, and organized.
- Must be able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Must be able to attract and discern men and women of character for hiring into the organization and continuing to build our team.
- Must be able to effectively mentor and train direct reports.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years of inside sales and/or customer service experience preferably in metal fabrication.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other gauges as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with the requirement to go into the plant from time to time. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Email your resume to:
Employment Eligibility Verification
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.