Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and dedicated candidate for Sheet Metal Fabrication Estimator. Ideal candidates will be able to provide a quick and accurate response to requests for quotes. Position requires solid computer skills and intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Excel. The ability to read blueprints/shop drawings is critical to this individual’s success.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal
fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business
model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s
operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in
the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal
components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality,
best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate quick and accurate estimates to request for quotes.
- Accurately determine pricing by interpreting customer prints and utilizing quoting tools (i.e. Excel spreadsheets and shop software).
- Gather pricing for outsourced material, metal finishing requirements, etc., providing accurate pricing to customers.
- Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Effectively communicate customer/job requirements to the engineering and production team.
- Obtain accurate information from the operations team relating to lead times and expected shipment dates.
Skills / Experience
The candidate must demonstrate
and/or be familiar with the following:
- Dealing with Complexity
- Thorough and precise communication skills
- Sheet metal and/ or Structural steel fabrication estimating experience
- Hardware Specifications
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality, Product Development
- Technical Presentation Experience and Skill
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft Excel Skills
- CAD (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) Years’ Experience in Sheet Metal Fabrication Estimating
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other gauges as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Ability to read blueprints, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with the
requirement to go into the plant from time to time. While in the plant, ear and
eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of
a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Applicants are to apply at the
bottom of this post or
Email your resume to:
The successful applicant must show
proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally
eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not
constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an
equal opportunity employer.