Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Supervisor. The ideal candidate will direct and coordinates activities of the 2nd shift team and other resources to meet production schedules. In this capacity, you will enforce and communicate company policies and goals with particular attention paid to quality, safety and Metalworking Solutions’ Core Values. Finally, the person holding this position must ensure work is being performed in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC, a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality of production within assigned departments and coordinate with quality auditors as needed to ensure quality levels are maintained.
- Responsible for training and supervision of direct and indirect team members assigned to 2nd shift.
- Responsible for the safety of employees within assigned areas and work to minimize accidents and improve conditions.
- Organize; arrange work and direct activities of direct reports to ensure production schedules are met in an efficient manner.
- Maintain acceptable departmental production levels.
- Monitor, prepare and submit reports timely.
- Responsible for maintaining order and discipline and administering company policy within the assigned shift.
- Maintain “Open House Ready” cleanliness within the assigned area and initiate action to improve cleanliness whenever possible.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required and participate as and when necessary in Companywide initiatives & projects.
- Undertake additional training to develop skills as the company requires.
- Perform work in accordance with organizational policies and practices
Manages the 2nd shift team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Metalworking Solutions’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication
skills, both written and verbal.
- Conducts duties with the
highest level of ethics and trustworthiness.
- Moderate level of
computer literacy, with specific proficiency in the use of screen entry and
barcode data collection equipment.
- Problem solver with good
analytical skills as well as organizing and planning skills.
- Practical working
knowledge of ERP software and MRP technology concepts.
- Associate degree and/or two years related experience, and/or training equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Lasers, Turrets, and Press Brakes preferable.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other gauges as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Ability to read blueprints, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Plant environment. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Applicants are to apply at the
bottom of this post or
Email your resume to:
The successful applicant must show
proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally
eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not
constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an
equal opportunity employer.