Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and enthusiastic candidate as an inside sales and estimating professional. Ideal candidates will be able to provide quick response concerning estimates, orders, production updates, and resolution of customer issues. Position requires solid computer skills and the ability to navigate Microsoft Office Products such as Excel and Word efficiently. The ability to read blueprints/shop drawings is critical to this individual’s success.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Accurately determine pricing by interpreting customer prints and utilizing quoting tools (i.e. Excel spreadsheets and shop software).
- Gather pricing for outsourced material, metal finishing requirements, etc., providing accurate pricing to the customer.
- Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Effectively communicate customer/job requirements to the engineering and production team.
- Obtain accurate information from the operations team relating to lead times and expected shipment dates.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and proactively communicate any anticipated delays from original date to customer.
Required Skills / Experience
The candidate must demonstrate and/or be familiar with the following:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Dealing with Complexity
- Detail oriented
- Informing Others
- Selling to Customer needs
- Sheet metal and/ or Structural steel fabrication experience
- Hardware Specifications
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality, Product Development
- Technical Presentation Experience and Skill
- CAD (preferred)
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED. 3+ Years Experience in Fabrication
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gages and other gages as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with the requirement to go into the plant from time to time. While in the plant, ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Email your resume to:
Employment Eligibility Verification
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.