Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a CNC turret punch operator to oversee the cutting/punching of sheet metal parts. Ideal candidates will have two or more years’ experience with Amada or similar CNC turret punch machines. The ability to identify different gauges and alloys of sheet metal is critical to this individual’s success.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC
Metalworking Solutions, LLC a metal fabrication company in Chattanooga, TN has created an entirely new business model for providing outsourced sheet metal components and assemblies to OEM’s operating within virtually any industry. We assist manufacturing companies in the development and production of structural steel and precision sheet metal components; improving final assembly performance through superior part quality, best in class lead time, and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the CNC Turret Punch and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper die clearances based on material requirements.
- Set up tooling, load programs, and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine the condition of tools and point of re-sharpening.
- Re-sharpen punches and dies as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast-changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Assemble items as instructed by shift leader or floor supervisor.
- Prepare product for shipment as appropriate.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using a hoist. Physically able to clear jams from the machine.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Be dependable, follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments, commit to long hours of work when needed to reach goals and complete tasks on time, or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan of action.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
The candidate must demonstrate and/or be familiar with the following:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper, and Brass.
- A flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
- Candidate must be a strong team player.
- Candidate must be reliable.
- Communications proficiency, written and verbal.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Ability to read shop drawings and specifications.
- Be familiar with material utilization concepts.
- Dealing with complexity.
- Detail oriented.
- Sheet metal and/ or structural steel fabrication experience.
- Manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Manufacturing quality
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED.
Experience in Fabrication and sheet metal work.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other gauges as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be familiar with lifting techniques. Must be able to lift 60 lbs. regularly. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Plant environment. Ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Applicants are to apply online or Email your resume to:
Employment Eligibility Verification
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Metalworking Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.